DJ Ørjan Nilsen, also known as DJ Governor, Orion, was born on June 14, 1982 in Kirkenes, Norway. Being a Norwegian trance and progressive producer, DJ and remixer, he has been producing music and performing since the year 2004. His style club music has been wowing audiences across the world. Dedicated, hardworking, and energetic are some of the many qualities that define him. He is best known for “Excessive levels of bouncing and sweating!”.
At the age of 1, Orjan started trying his hands on drum sets and since then was instructed by his father and brother for next 9 years of his life. Practicing on his first keyboard at the age of seven but that too took a back seat when he was reaching for the teen years. He now started to be more and more dedicated towards merging beautiful melodies and rhythmic patterns.
Moving towards the age of 16, he got his own synthesizer and drum sets which now made him more involved and passionate about how music really worked. Wanting music to be taken to the next level, he tried mixing through a pc. Everything caught speed since then.
- rjan’s work with the Dutch label Armada Music started with the track “Red Woods” released in 2006. Orjan’s music albums “In My Opinion” (2011, Armada Music), “No Saint Out of Me” (2013, Armada Music) brought him huge success.
His singles include –
- 2006 – Artic Globe/Prison Break, Red Woods and High Pressure.
- 2007 – Lost Once, Orlando, Beat Design/ Rain etc.
- 2008 – Black Mamba, Down And Dirty, Scrubs, among others.
- 2010 – Lovers Lane, Sanctuary/The Odd Number, So Long Radio, Shoutbox.
- 2011 – Shades of Grey, Go Fast, Mjuzik, Anywhere But Here, Between The Rays, etc.
- 2012 – Lucky Strike, Amsterdam, Belter, Endymion, Burana, Copper Field, etc.
- 2013 – Drink to Forget, Hands, In The Air, Fable, Mafioso, No Saint Out Of Me.
- 2014 – The Late Anthem, Fair Game, Hurricane.
|2012||Ranked no. 32 on DJ Mag TOP 100|
|2012||Nominated as Break-through DJ by IDMA|
|2013||Ranked no. 49 on DJ Mag TOP 100|
Orjan is currently taking gigs all over the world and his music career is growing rapidly.